Wednesday, February 17, 2010

NBC: Ruining the Olympics Once Again

It's no fucking wonder that NBC loses money on it's Olympics coverage: they never show the damned games!

Between their networks there should never be a time that I can't tune into some sport. Further, when they are actually on and I watch, I want to watch the Olympics, not some story about whichever athlete they have decided to drool over that day. I like Shawn White, and I enjoy watching the half pipe, but when that is done, I don't need to see 10 min of celebration or an interview with the athlete, or even worse an interview with a former athlete about a current one or a sentimental montage put to music about the trials and tribulations of some individual. Feel free to talk about those things in the background while ACTUALLY SHOWING THE DAMNED GAMES but there is already way too much time dedicated to commercials, so don't waste the time that you are not advertising.

It's no wonder Olympic viewership is never what they want. If I turn it on and they are doing some crap background story, then I switch over to something else. I want to watch the games, not sports reporters discussing the human stories that are ancillary to the games.

No comments: