Monday, February 11, 2013

Can't Stand HOA's

The idea behind a home owners' association is really good.  For a lot less than it would normally cost an entire neighborhood can get things like lawn care and snow removal and other benefits.  But the rules that most HOA's add-on to that sensible base arrangement are nothing short of tyrannical

I can not begin to comprehend people who defend such antics.  Yea, the couple were maybe jerks in how they handled things, but $900 for a sign 4" too big?  That would piss me off too, and so I don't see their response as particularly untoward, but rather a clever protest (definitely passive aggressive...at least until the lawsuits). 

When I went looking for houses I very deliberately avoided HOA neighborhoods.  I don't want someone telling me acceptable grass height or whether I can make certain changes to the house/property (I already don't like the township rules for those things).  It seems to me the couple in that article would have been better served by doing likewise. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually understand what you
are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =).
We could have a link alternate agreement between us

Feel free to visit my page: simply click the next site