Thursday, February 14, 2013

Great, Let's Do It

Naturally, I agree strongly with Martin Wolf here.  Commenters there don't seem to agree as much, but it always strikes me whenever I read an article in a financial section/magazine/paper that the comments are overwhelmingly right wing (and generally hacks at that: "Fiat currency is a fraud!"). 

I'm not sure why this is exactly, but I suspect that most of the people who read such articles are the same as the people who blew up the economy for everyone, but that are doing quite well now (while others continue to suffer).  It's kind of a shame, because most people do not and will not understand economics well enough to figure out that we are being screwed over for no good reason.  The things that will fix the economy sound outrageous to most people, but that's only because our economic system itself sounds (or would sound) outrageous to most people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and reporting!
Keep up the good works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

my web blog: Simply click the next web page