Monday, January 09, 2012

Debt Increase

I'm a bit curious about the numbers here. If I charge $500/mo. on my credit card, but pay that all off each month, and then, in the run up to Christmas, charge $2000, but still pay it off, does that track as a $1500 increase in my debt despite the fact that it got paid off?

I suppose that, despite paying it off every month, technically, I am indebted to the credit card company for the various amounts that get charged, but it doesn't seem like a very good measure (in this type case).

While it's true that any financially savvy individual with enough income to cover his/her expenses would put whatever possible on a rewards card and pay that off entirely each month, I would still guess that most credit card debt is revolving. I haven't really seen if/how those numbers are dealt with, but would really like to know.

No comments: