Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bleach is for the Weak

I really can't stand the whole disinfect, bleach, sanatize the hell out of everything idea that has grown so prevalent over the last 10-20 years. (It really infuriates my sister.) It generates massive amounts of waste, much of it is chemical in nature (households can generate more chemical pollution than research chemical labs, also, overfertilization of lawns leads to more runoff per acre in subarbs than on farms), and, though it has been suspected/known for a while, it also weakens our, and our children's, immune systems. I love it when a new study comes out concerning this because I feel as though the antibacterial crowd will feel unbearably stupid. I know they really won't. People that oversanitize are influenced by commercials, not research, they don't read/pay attention to the news. They are idiots who will not learn. They probably buy hybrids and think that makes them good stewards. Still, this does allow me to continue with my knowledge that my lack of allergies/asthma is an indication that I am stronger/better than the rest of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have ruined many a good t-shirt
cleaning (messily) with bleach.
i agree with you.
hi jacob!