Monday, May 08, 2006

Firefly

A friend of mine--Michael--bought the complete series on DVD and I get to borrow/view them. I had seen an episode or two when it originally aired. I liked it, but I have a tendency to be very hit and miss with remembering when things are on and the like. I enjoyed the movie (Serenity) a great deal and am on a bit of a kick that may lead to me purchasing the film (and maybe the series).

The series was voted the best space sci-fi ever (unscientific poll on the website of New Scientist magazine). Most fans of the genre probably already know about it, but even if you are not, it is worth seeing. The feel is so different from most sci-fi's that it really does not feel like one. (Anime fans should think "Trigun" or, even better, "Cowboy Bebop.") So check it out, already.

No comments: