Monday, March 20, 2006

Today, Tomorrow, Basketball

All Tar Heels should read this. Those who are not Heels, or are not fans of UNC, or even dislike the program (though there is no reason for this), especially those whose teams have lost--and at some point most of yours will--should at least read the excerpt below.

---------------------------------------
Right now this hurts.

Tomorrow, supposedly, it will feel better.
...
Right now I do not want to hear about brackets, Cinderellas, or upsets. Right now I do not want to watch one second of the rest of the NCAA Tournament.

Tomorrow I think I will start paying attention to baseball.
...
Right now I don't want to think about next year, which is funny because when this season started--think back with me--all anyone wanted to talk about was next year. "Just survive this year and get to next year. Man, we are going to be good next year. I can't wait until next year." But right now I don't want to hear about recruits or depth or predictions or schedules.

Tomorrow I think 2007 might start to look very enjoyable.

Right now I am disappointed.

Tomorrow I think this team becomes a benchmark. As in sitting around 10 years from now and telling your buddy, "Man, if this team played as hard as that team we had in 2006..."
...
Tomorrow I think the pain will start to go away.

Right now I am ready for tomorrow.
----------------------------- Adam Lucas at tarheelblue.com

No comments: